It was not easy for me to find my true self. It took many, many years of being my everyday self before I realized that I wanted to live my life as my true self. You may ask, what is my true self and what is my everyday self?
In my previous post, What Joy Means To Me, I stated that the meaning of joy for me is being my true self. In this post, I would like to expand on my discussion of the true self.
Deepak Chopra distinguishes the true self as opposed to the everyday self as follows:
The qualities of the everyday self and the true self are actually very different:
1. The true self is certain and clear about things. The everyday self gets influenced by countless outside influences, leading to confusion.
2. The true self is stable. The everyday self shifts constantly.
3. The true self is driven by a deep sense of truth. The everyday self is driven by the ego, the unending demands of “I, me, mine.”
4. The true self is at peace. The everyday self is easily agitated and disturbed.
5. The true self is love. The everyday self, lacking love, seeks it from outside sources.
Find Your True Self
All five of the qualities listed above describing the true self must be incorporated into your mind, body, and spirit before you can find your true self. In order to have a life full of peace and love, you require certainty, clarity, consistency and being driven from a deep sense of truth. All five qualities work together to give you complete balance to be your true self.
I would add one more item. The true self is always grateful. When you are grateful, there is no room for fear, worry, or stress. For when you are grateful, you recognize and are thankful for what you have, and for whatever circumstance you are in—knowing with all your heart, that everything is as it should be and that all is well.
It has been a conscious decision for me to always be my true self. I strive to never let my everyday self, which gets tangled up in everyday life, and is full of stress, fears and insecurities, to overtake and replace my true self. I choose to live my life in a powerful state of certainty, clarity, consistency, peace and love—love for myself, love for others, and indeed, love for humanity.
May you be inspired to embark on your journey to find and be your true self.
Love & light,
I’d be so grateful if you can share this post on your social media and leave a comment below ♥